Member Protection Information Officer (MPIO)
What is the role of the MPIO?
- Act as an impartial support person
- Provide information about discrimination, harassment and child abuse
- Provide information about the Member Protection Policy and options available to resolve a complaint
- Provide information about relevant laws and the right to complain externally
- Discuss possible strategies an individual can use to deal directly with the other person
- Provide contact details for counselling or other referrals as appropriate or as requested.
What doesn’t the role of the MPIO do?
- Take sides or judge
- Give advice
- Breach confidentiality.
Wodonga Diamonds supports the role of the MPIO as an important and integral part of the overall process to assist in keeping our children safe.
Wodonga Diamonds MPIO is Prue Quick. Prue’s contact details are on the contact us page. You will also find Prue around the grounds at both home and away games. If unsure as to whom Prue is, please ask around, she is very well known at our club!
Working with Children Checks
Other ways our Club and the Albury Wodonga Football Association (AWFA) assist to ensure the safety of our children is by enforcing the mandatory requirement that all coaches, managers and committee members have Working with Children Checks completed in both NSW and Vic.